Tom and Jo Fitzalan Howard who host Elmham House Quiet…
Have you got a passion for Quiet Gardens and our values, and time to help lead and guide the Movement and charity? Might you know someone that might be interested?
There are opportunities for people who are committed to the vision and values of Quiet Gardens to join the board of Trustees of The Quiet Garden Trust and become involved in guiding the charity into its next 25 years. We are looking in particular for an individual with experience in Charity Law, marketing and fundraising.
Trustees meet at least twice a year through a combination of physical meetings (usually in London or Birmingham) and tele-conference ‘virtual’ meetings, and work with fellow trustees, volunteers and staff on a project group basis as well. Trustees oversee, lead and guide the Quiet Garden Trust, ensuring that the Movement grows and stays fresh for the future.
Time commitment is negotiable but ideally trustees will give at least one or two days per month, including participating in trustees meeting.
Personal Qualities for all Trustees or Advisors for The Quiet Garden Trust include:
- A commitment to vision and values of The Quiet Garden Trust – see About us and Strategy Summary
- A practising Christian, who is open-hearted and able to work ecumenically
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a trustee or expert advisor
- Strategic vision
- Good independent judgment
- Ability to think creatively
- The courage and willingness to speak their mind
- Ability to work as effective team member
- Adherence to the Nolan Committee 7 principles of public life: Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, Leadership
Some of the benefits we can offer you:
Volunteering with us will give you the opportunity to learn new skills or to use your existing skills and expertise in a new context. You will meet new people and be working with a small team. Because
we are a small organisation volunteers work directly with our core team of staff and trustees and have the chance to make a real difference.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Trustees or Advisor please contact us to express an interest and share details of your interest and experience.