Make a donation today and support the work of the Quiet Garden Movement worldwide…
Your support will help us:
- build on our work over 25 year to raise awareness and understanding of the benefits of the practices of stillness and contemplation in outdoor settings, particularly with a younger generation
- increase the number and range of Quiet Gardens, particularly in schools by developing a new ‘Quiet Gardens in Schools Package’
- increase our chances of success when applying to funding bodies and trust funds, with the potential for fundraising to be matched
- enable ongoing support and advice from the Movement to all Quiet Gardens Hosts
- and contribute to our core costs, such as office and staff costs.
Donations can be made securely online via the GoldenGiving links below as a one-off donation or through setting up a regular donation:
Donate by cheque & off-line
Contributions can be made by Cheque (payable to ‘The Quiet Garden Trust’) and off-line using the form linked to below:
Other ways to support us…
Your contribution will help …
A Growing International Movement
This is a world-wide movement of hospitality and prayer with around three hundred venues. Quiet Gardens offer local, occasional days of refreshment and retreat in private homes and gardens and other venues in both urban and rural settings. They provide a context for prayer and reflection with opportunities for learning about Christian spirituality.
Since the first Quiet Garden opened in 1992 The Quiet Garden Trust has helped to meet the social and spiritual needs of local communities.
The Development of the Quiet Garden Network
The administration of this international trust is handled by two part-time staff, who actively promote and support the Movement around the world, responding to enquiries, and producing resources and our newsletter. As people affiliate their gardens to The Quiet Garden Movement they need to be welcomed and supported. Such encouragement is crucial to the work of the Movement and its hospitality.
The Overall Funding of the Trust
Each Quiet Garden is a stand-alone financial unit, which pays a modest affiliation fee to The Quiet Garden Trust, but which receives no funding from the Trust. Visitors to Quiet Gardens generally make a small donation, and in some instances part or all of this is forwarded to the Trust to help with core funding.
Keeping the movement low cost at the local level is at the heart of the vision, but affiliation fees and these individual donations do not cover the costs of nurturing this work. Additional donations are therefore most welcome.